How To Make Mexican Chicken Casserole
Hi! I welocme you all to my blog section- Easy Dinner Recipies. How are you all? Lets learn how to make Mexican Chicken Casserole. And have you already tried my spicy thai noodles recipie or not? Let me know in the comments section. Also I encourage you to check out my Chicken alfredo penne and mouth watering Vegetarian lasagne .
Mexican Chicken Casserole is an easy dish that is loved by my family and they request to make it every weekend. And surely your family would love that too.
Now I am gonna share the ingredients and method of the recipie with you. 🙂
(You can buy following ingredients from amazon grocery store too).
Ingredients For Mexican Chicken Casserole :
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, 1.5cm dice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 420g tin corn kernels, drained
- 200g sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place rice in a small saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed. The rice will still be a little hard.
- Heat oil in a large frypan and cook onion for 3 minutes until just starting to soften. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add cumin and paprika, as well as plenty of salt and pepper, and stir well. Remove from heat and stir through vegetables and tinned items. Don’t add any extra liquid.
- Place par-cooked rice in the base of a large casserole dish. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Dollop over sour cream and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.